Give your guests a great first impression of your Breckenridge vacation property by ensuring that it’s crisp, clean, and pristine the moment they walk in the front door. If you don’t live in Breckenridge or you don’t have the time (or frankly, the desire) to clean it yourself, you’ll need to find a vacation rental cleaning company that will take care of all your housekeeping needs. It may take some time to find the perfect cleaning company for your needs, but it will be well worth it. A clean, well-maintained vacation rental increases customer loyalty and makes it more likely that your property will get good reviews, which in turn, will help to secure future business. If you want to find the best cleaning company for your Breckenridge vacation rental, here are some things to keep in mind as you start your search.
Start with Referrals
Do you know any other vacation rental owners in Breckenridge or elsewhere in Summit County? If you do, it’s quite likely that they can give you recommendations. If you don’t know any other owners in the area, but you use a property management company, you should definitely check in with them. Your property manager will have recommendations on most, if not all, of the local vendors. These referrals will give you a good jumping-off point for your search.
Once you’ve got a few names to research, take a look and see how well they’re represented online. Their website should give you a good idea regarding the services they provide, how many individuals they employ, their experience with vacation rentals, etc. Then be sure to read all the online reviews you can for the companies in which you’re interested. Hopefully, their online presence has helped you to narrow the field a bit more.
Start Talking to Your Prospects
Whether you’re talking to your potential house cleaners in person or over the phone, make sure you go into it prepared with a list of all the questions you have. This list may includes questions like:
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- How much experience do you have cleaning vacation rentals? (You’ll want to make sure they’re aware that services like doing laundry, making beds, taking trash out and putting in new trash bags, and putting up new towels are required.)
- Will you be on the lookout for missing or damaged items? How will you let me know about these items?
- Will you let me know when cleaning supplies need to be replaced and/or will you take care of replacing them?
- How many vacation properties do you service? (If they have a small team but a lot of properties, this may affect their availability during the busy season.)
- Are you available for emergencies?
- What’s your availability during the off seasons?
- Are daily housekeeping services available if necessary?
- Do you offer snow shoveling services and if so, how deep does the snow have to be before shoveling begins?
- What kinds of spring cleaning services do you provide? (Twice yearly deep cleaning services may include things like steam cleaning furniture, carpet cleaning, washing the curtains, or wiping down any blinds.)
- Do you handle any small repair jobs or will I need to hire a different company? (This may be something as little as touching up scuffed wall paint.)
Pick Your Cleaning Company
Once you’ve had all your questions answered and checked references, you can move forward with choosing the best cleaning company for your vacation rental. Make sure you’re all on the same page with regard to all necessary tasks and any other items you expect from them. Clear communication and a thorough vetting process will do wonders when it comes to finding a great company with which to partner.
Do you have more questions? Feel free to give us a call at (970) 528-9700.